Gut health has always been a top priority in the world of wellness, but it seems that in the past few years a gut health movement has swept the nutraceuticals industry. More and more supplements are popping up on the market that help aid in gut related ailments, but how can you tell which one is right for you? We’re breaking down the differences between digestive enzymes and probiotics for a quick guide to boosting your belly health!
- Proteins your body makes to break down food and aid digestion
- Made from your stomach, small intestine, and pancreas
- Digestive enzyme insufficiency means you can’t break down certain foods and absorb nutrients
- Symptoms of insufficiency include cramps, bloating, gas, and overall gut irritation
- Live organisms that make up the good bacteria in your gut
- Helps with gut irritation symptoms like diarrhea or bloating
- Do NOT have the ability to break down or digest food components
So, what does this all mean? Probiotics help to both prevent and relieve gut irritation; however, these symptoms could also be occurring due to digestive enzyme insufficiency. Probiotics are great for alleviating the bloating that happens from gut irritation, but they don’t break down foods to aid in digestion like enzymes will. We hope this guide helps when searching for your next gut health supplement, but always consult your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition, procedure, or treatment, whether it is a prescription medication, over-the-counter drug, vitamin, supplement, or herbal alternative.
Pharmatech Labs is a nutritional contract manufacturer specializing in liquid and powder supplements. We are a one-stop shop offering research and development services as well as fulfillment, warehousing, in-house lab work, and more! If you have an idea for the next best gut health cure-all, we can bring that dream to a reality with our team of industry experts. Submit your FREE quote today to get started!