While your body can naturally defend itself against most enemies, immunity boosters are a great way to help your body maintain its defenses. Immunity boosters come in two forms:
First, the list of recommended activities to staying healthy that has been around forever. Second, taking supplements for an extra boost, which is excellent during flu season or when there’s a bug going around where you live.
Today’s blog is all about immunity boosters and how they can help you stay well. Keep reading to learn more!
Ways to Strengthen Your Immune System
- Exercise daily.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Get enough sleep.
- Reduce stress in your environment.
- Wash your hands.
Simple steps like exercising for 20 minutes a day, limiting unhealthy foods, getting eight hours of sleep, and reducing stress in your environment can significantly reduce your chances of getting sick.
These natural ways of boosting your immune system are everyday activities you can fit into your schedule without too much stress.
Immunity Booster Supplements to Take
Not only does living a healthy lifestyle help, but you can also take supplements and eat certain foods that act as immunity boosters. The following items, taken in moderate doses or as recommended by your doctor, act as immunity boosters and can help keep you healthy.
- Vitamin C is known for preventing viral and bacterial infections and helping you recover more quickly from illness. Vitamin C is also a natural antihistamine and anti-inflammatory supplement.
- Vitamin D is an essential nutrient that we can get from sunlight, but unless you spend all day outdoors, you’ll likely benefit from taking a Vitamin D supplement. It’s known for preventing colds and cases of flu.
- Vitamin A can help you more quickly recover from a respiratory infection.
- Zinc is most helpful in recovering from a cold when you take it within 24 hours of your symptoms beginning.
- Selenium helps immune function and is an antioxidant. You can take it as a supplement or get it through foods like Brazil nuts.
- Raw honey works well for minor pain relief, mucus membrane inflammation, sore throats, and coughs. You can take raw honey on its own or add it to an herbal tea.
- Garlic can calm the severity of an upper respiratory infection and help regulate the immune system.
- Probiotics are full of that “good bacteria” that our guts need. That good bacteria strengthens our immune systems, improves digestion, and prevents some infections.
Other recommended supplements include beta-glucans, mushrooms, berberine, sulforaphane, and elderberry.
Between a healthy lifestyle and the right supplements for your individual needs, immunity boosters can keep you from getting sick and help you enjoy life more!
Here at Pharmatech Labs, we want your customers to be healthy! Are you a supplement creator looking for a nutritional contract manufacturer? Look no further! Pharmatech Labs does just that, and we’d be happy to work with you to get your product to customers.
For more information or a free quote, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’ll be happy to help however we can.